Inspirations From The Clearing
May 2 - October 24, 2016
The Clearing Speaks is a combination of two unique exhibitions celebrating both visual and written work inspired by The Clearing's beautiful landscape, charming buildings and creative spirit. Initiated in 2010 to help celebrate The Clearing's 75th anniversary, The Clearing Speaks gained instant popularity and quickly became an annual fund raising event. Since 2010, The Clearing Speaks has raised over $13,000 for projects around The Clearing including the scholarship fund and the Forge.
Instructors, students and friends are invited to share artistic interpretations and perspectives inspired by The Clearing's landscape, buildings, history or creative spirit. These inspirations can be from any season and can be visual (i.e. arts, fine crafts, etc.) or written (i.e. poetry, short essay, etc.)
- March 21, 2016 :: Submission deadline: Entries must be received
- March 28, 2016 :: Notification of acceptance (or non-acceptance) for artwork will be mailed
- April 4, 2016 :: Notification of acceptance (or non-acceptance) for written work will be mailed
- April 18, 2016 :: Accepted art work needs to arrive at The Clearing
- May 2 - October 24, 2016 :: Exhibition dates
For complete submission details, check out the The Clearing Speaks Exhibition Prospectus.
For questions or for further details, contact Erik at The Clearing toll free 877-854-3225.